The relevant authority differs between EU countries and depends on aspects, such as:
- the crime involved
- the stage of proceedings
- the legal instrument used as legal basis.
Where applicable, the Atlas also lists regional competent authorities within a country.
You can search by the following measures:
- Tracing and interception of (tele)communications
- Agents and informers – infiltration
- Examination, body search and expert evaluation
- Documents – obtaining
- Assets – sequestration, confiscation and restitution
- Places – visit and search
- Witnesses, victims, suspects – summoning and hearing
- Cross-border operations
- Measures specific to mutual recognition instruments
- Transfer of proceedings
This tool is available here (note: you will leave the e-Justice Portal).
This page is maintained by the European Commission. The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the official position of the European Commission. The Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice with regard to copyright rules for European pages.
The Commission is in the process of updating some of the content on this website in the light of the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union. If the site contains content that does not yet reflect the withdrawal of the United Kingdom, it is unintentional and will be addressed.